From Darth Vader waking up to take almost complete control of the empire until Luke received a strange message from a certain Obi Wan Kenobi, many things happened in the narrative universe of LucasArt, stories that have little or nothing to envy to the original works And they complement each other perfectly. And one of them is Star Wars Rebels , winner of four Emmy awards and which tells the story of a group of outlaws dissatisfied with the world domination of the Sith.
It was originally a movie broadcast in the United States, but Disney Channel turned it into a series that expanded and recounted in more detail the adventures of the protagonists, a group of rebels who put the Empire in check and was made up of an orphan from Lothal who He knows how to use the force, a survivor of Order 66, a Twi’lek pilot, a Mandalorian, a Lasa warrior and an astromech droid.
Chronologically it is set 5 years before episode IV, A New Hope . And it recounts an aspect that plays a fundamental role in the first trilogy of films: the birth of the Rebel Alliance that would fight to overthrow the tyrannical government of Darth Vader and Darth Sidious.
The series, which was initially intended for children, has been so successful over the years that Disney has revived it and has expanded its comics through another format, manga. If you didn’t know her or haven’t seen her yet, take a look and marvel at her.
Star Wars Rebels , the rise of the Rebel Alliance
Contrary to what it may seem at first glance, this spinoff was not just another product to benefit from the pull of the saga, but actually fills a gap that had not been taken advantage of at that time . We knew about the band of survivors who wanted to end the Empire, but the process of creating these bandits was hardly described.
And the way this series tells it is perfect, not only with a group of very charismatic characters and of different races and roles that complement each other perfectly, but also through a genuine plot that stands on its own, without the need for artifice or fanservice .
And although the change with respect to the real films shocks, the animation is impeccable , with a style that fits very well with the official iconography. It is focused, a priori , on children’s audiences, but the language and the plot do not squeak for the most adult. His combats are very spectacular and the action is dynamic and fun, especially in the shooting scenes. Give it a try and you will really enjoy it!
Where to watch Star Wars Rebels
The series has 4 seasons, which are divided as follows:
- The first has 4 shorts, 1 movie and 13 episodes
- The second a movie and 20 episodes
- The third, 1 movie and 20 episodes
- The fourth and last, 1 movie and 14 episodes
Except for the movies, the rest of the content in the series is fully available on the Disney+ subscription service . And it’s 20 minutes per episode, so it’s quick and easy to watch.
Star Wars Rebels characters
- Kanan Jarrus: He was a Padawan who did not fall to Order 66 who killed most of the Jedi. That is why his lightsaber is made up of two different pieces, so that he can always carry it unnoticed. He joined the Spirit ship to hide and fight the Empire.
- Ezra Bridger – His parents were imprisoned by the Empire and he was forced to wander for his life. He was a thief and con man until he stumbled upon the Spirit, becoming Jarrus’s apprentice thanks to Jarrus’ potential use of the Force. His lightsaber is a mix of a sword and a pistol.
- Chopper – The android C1-10P is an integral part of the rebel crew, though his demeanor is more akin to that of a cranky old man than a robot.
- Hera Syndulla – She is a Twi’lek and the owner of the Spirit, which she obtained through illegal means. She is the soul of the group and an excellent pilot, as well as being perfect with the pistol.
- Sabine Wren – A Mandalorian skilled in the use of the pistol and who fled from the Imperial Academy. She is in charge of arming her companions.
- Zeb : is a lasat that belongs to a species extinguished by the Empire after rising against them during the first bars of his government. He is strong and skilled and one of the leaders of the group.